10 day motorcycle tour of Spain and Portugal – Palacios and Pousadas
The Palacios and Pousadas Spain and Portugal motorcycle tour is a point-to-point tour with one 3-night and one 2-night location. While on this tour you will ride through historic centres in northern Spain and the heart of Portugal, staying in fantastic and historic accommodation.
Tour Duration: 10 days / 9 nights
After leaving from RoadTrip your Spain and Portugal motorcycle tour starts with an overnight sailing between England and northern Spain. During the crossing of the Bay of Biscay you might see dolphins and whales in summer months. While on board you can relax and dine, then watch the Atlantic sunset and prepare for your motorcycling holiday. After you arrive in Spain you will enjoy great rides through dramatic and varied scenery and you can look forward to sumptuous, Old-World hospitality.
Our travel partner, MCI Tours will prepare a tailored Tour Pack for you with full details of your hansome accomodation, together with your tour route and suggested ride outs. The Palacios and Pousadas Spain and Portugal motorcycle tour promises an exhilarating ride and delivers an enjoyable, memorable cultural experience as well – exclusive to MCI Tours and RoadTrip Motorcycle Tours.
Your Spain and Portugal motorcyle tour
Your first night’s rest in Spain will be in a wonderful, converted palacio in the ancient fortified city of Zamora. This is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Next day, you ride onward through rural Portugal to the beautiful town of Guimarães, another World Heritage site, Portugal’s first Capital. Here you spend three nights staying in a former Augustinian monastery which dates back to the 12th Century. Your hosts are passionate and knowledgeable and the staff are accommodating and friendly.
Their Pousada’s cloisters, formal garden, grotto, lake, terrace, fountains and swimming pool make it an ideal place for relaxation and contemplation before an excellent dinner in their fantastic restaurant. From Guimarães there are many ride-out options, including a visit to the famous city of Porto. Also within reach is The Douro Valley, with its vineyards and undulating, riverine landscape, which has changed little in hundreds of years.
Leaving the pousada, you will ride south to stay for two nights in a converted 16th Century palace near the university city of Coimbra. Refurbished rooms overlook a tranquil garden in which you can relax after a day’s riding. The surrounding countryside and the Serra da Estrela National Park have excellent roads which wind around the Country’s highest peak (1993m.)
From here, you will ride northward and make your way back through the Portuguese and Spanish countryside. Finally, an overnight rest at a 4-Star hotel in Valladolid, en-route to the north coast for the relaxed, overnight sailing home to complete your tour.
Your MCi Motorcycle Tour includes:
- Portsmouth or Plymouth to Spain overnight sailings (outbound and return inside cabin accommodation. Single room price includes single cabin).
- Full tour pack, route plans, ride out routes, GPS co-ordinates and GPS routes.
- 7 nights 4-Star hotels bed & breakfast, 4 Evening meals.
Your RoadTrip Motorcycle Rental includes:
- Motorcycle rental including luggage with liner bags, satnav (GPS) loaded with your routes, international travel documentation, third-party insurance and roadside assistance.
- VE103 documentation to take the motorcycle outside the united kingdom.
- Airport transfers from Heathrow or Gatwick to and from RoadTrip.
- Additional nights on request, including an optional stop-over in the Vosges mountains.
- Eurotunnel or alternative ferry ports if possible.
- Accomodation in the UK before or after your tour.
Not included with your tour:
- Any additional items charged to your room(s).
- Road tolls.
- All other food and beverages.
- Parking fees.
Prices include VAT where applicable.
If you would like more information about this tour then please contact us using the form below or telephone us on +44 (0)1483 662 135.