10 day motorcycle tour of northern Spain – Picos de Europa Mountains
Tour Duration: 10 days / 9 nights
Our partners at MCI Tours will prepare a detailed Tour Pack for you, covering all aspects of your motorcycle tour of northern Spain. This includes many suggested rides on excellent road surfaces winding through some of western Europe’s wildest and most beautiful mountainous, coastal landscapes with spectacular views and extraordinary history. The Picos region is also the last home in Western Europe of the European wolf and Brown Bear.
From RoadTrip your tour begins and closes aboard a Brittany Ferries ship for the overnight sailing between England and Spain. You will travel past western France and across the Bay of Biscay, where you might see whales and dolphins during the summer months. This overnight cruise is an ideal way to relax, eat well, watch the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean and prepare for your motorcycling holiday.
The Picos is a region of Spain where the modern sits comfortably with the mediaeval and the ancient, and you will be based at a well-appointed, modern 3-Star hotel in a village located on the edge of the Parque Nacional de Los Picos de Europa. Your hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, secure bike parking and superb mountain views, as well as access to local facilities: bars, restaurants, horse riding, canoeing and more.
Excellent tarmac on lesser travelled roads, mediaeval villages, and breathtaking views from the many Miradors await you, as do a choice of ride outs through the mountains and along the coast. You can visit Oviedo, capital of the Principality of Asturias or ride out to Altamira, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where rock painting began more than 35,000 years ago and continued for 20,000 years until a rockfall sealed the caves (rediscovered in 1880). Some riders say that the ride out to take the cable car up the mountain from Fuente De is a ‘must do’.
If you love riding spectacular roads, cruising, mountains, coasts, ancient culture, living well and visiting wild places – this specially prepared tour has it all.
Your Motorcycling Holiday includes:
- Motorcycle rental including luggage with liner bags, satnav (GPS), international travel documentation, third-party insurance and roadside assistance.
- Portsmouth or Plymouth to Spain overnight sailings (outbound and return, inside cabin accommodation)
- Full tour pack, route plans, ride out routes and GPS co-ordinates.
- 7 nights bed & breakfast.
- Airport transfers from Heathrow or Gatwick to and from RoadTrip
- Additional nights on request
- Upgrade to 4-Star PALACE HOTEL from £20 per person per night (bed & breakfast)
- To replace nights in the Picos with nights on the coast (4-Star hotel with pool) add from £10 per person per night (bed & breakfast).
*BRITTANY FERRIES OPERATES A FLUID PRICING STRUCTURE AND FARES CAN INCREASE.
*PEAK SEASON SUPPLEMENT APPLIES at the PICOS hotel: July 1st – September 14th, 2018.
*THE PRICES QUOTED ON THIS WEBSITE PAGE ARE A PRICE INDICATION ONLY – PLEASE RING US FOR A QUOTATION FOR YOUR PLANNED TRAVEL DATES.
Not included with your tour:
Any additional items charged to your room(s).
All other food and beverages.
Prices include VAT where applicable.