9 day motorcycle tour to the French Alps
Tour duration: 9 days / 8 nights.
The French Alps are a motorcycling paradise where mountain passes, country lanes, and open roads sweep through spectacular and varied landscapes. This motorcycle tour of the French Alps allows you to relax and also experience great motorcycling in one excellent package.
For your tour, our friends at MCi Tours will provide you with a meticulously researched Tour Pack tailored to your requirements. In it are all aspects of your motorcycling holiday, including route plans for many outstanding rides, from which you can take your pick each day. Just some of the many places which you can explore with your Tour Pack include the Col de Glandon, Col de Galibier, Alpe d’Huez, Mont Aiguille, Col de Rousset, and the majestic N85 Route Napoleon.
You spend the first night of your tour in France, in the Champagne-Aube region. Next day, it’s onward to ride into the Alps and arrive at your touring base. Located in a picturesque Alpine village in the heart of the Vercors National Park, this charming and relaxed two-star hotel is run by a biker-friendly English speaking couple. They have safe parking for your bikes and their warm hospitality attracts riders of all nationalites; so, you are quite likely to meet other riders at the bar ready to swap stories and tips about the fantastic ride-outs in the region. Your hosts will happily recommend routes as well.
Your hotel is comfortable and well appointed. In addition to the bar, it has a good restaurant where you can enjoy a hearty breakfast and also dine on fresh, local produce. During summer months they usually have a weekly barbecue. For your relaxation there is a large terrace, a sauna, an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness area, and a TV lounge with DVDs. The hotel also has a drying room.
Your MCi Motorcycle Tour includes:
- Dover to Calais ferry outbound and return.
- Full tour pack, route plans, ride out routes, GPS co-ordinates and GPS routes.
- 8 nights bed & breakfast (6 nights in the Alps, 2 nights en-route) and six evening meals in the Alps (wine or beer included).
- All the rooms have en-suite facilities.
- Welcome drink on arrival in the Alps.
Your RoadTrip Motorcycle Rental includes:
- Motorcycle rental including luggage with liner bags, detachable tank bag, satnav (GPS) loaded with your routes, international travel documentation, third-party insurance and roadside assistance.
- VE103 documentation to take the motorcycle outside the united kingdom.
- Airport transfers from Heathrow or Gatwick to and from RoadTrip.
- Additional nights on request, including an optional stop-over in the Vosges mountains.
- Eurotunnel or alternative ferry ports if possible.
- Accomodation in the UK before or after your tour.
Not included with your tour:
- Any additional items charged to your room(s).
- Road tolls.
- All other food and beverages.
- Parking fees.
Prices include VAT where applicable.