5 day motorcycle tour of England and Wales
Get a taste of Britain in this 5 day motorcycle tour of the UK.
Tour duration: 5 days / 4 nights
This 5 day motorcycle tour of England and Wales provides just a small sample of the great riding that there is in the UK. The tour combines some great routes with visits to famous places and varied landscapes. See world-famous Stonehenge, the Gothic majesty of Salisbury Cathedral and cross into Wales over the new Severn River crossing bridge. You will ride through five National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Ride the iconic ‘Alpine Snowdonia’ route in North Wales, head up to the Lake District and then south again via the famous ‘Cat and Fiddle’ route in Derbyshire. Top the tour off with a visit to the National Motorcycle Museum which traces the history of British Motorcycles through a collection of over 1000 classic bike from almost 170 manufacturers. This tour packs a lot into a short visit!
To make your tour even more memorable, hotels and Inns which have luxurious charm and architectural character have been hand picked so you can relax and enjoy great British hospitality at the end of every day’s ride.
Your Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: 240km/150 miles. Collect your bikes from RoadTrip and ride from Woking to Bath area in Somerset via the iconic A272, one of the best motorcycle roads in southern Britain. Then visit Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge, and on to your hotel in the Bath area.
Day 2: 350km/220 miles. Bath area to northern Wales via the impressive new Severn River crossing, the rugged Brecon Beacon hills, and then follow the ‘Alpine Snowdonia’ route to your hotel in North Wales.
Day 3: 240km/ 150 miles. North Wales to the picturesque Lake District and the beautiful Lake District National Park. Hotel in the Keswick area.
Day 4: 260km/160 miles. Keswick to the rolling hills of Derbyshire on the famous ‘Cat and Fiddle’ road and into the Peak District & Yorkshire Dales National Parks. Hotel in the Ashbourne area.
Day 5: 300km/190 miles. Ashbourne to RoadTrip in Woking to return the bikes, via the world famous National Motorcycle Museum in Coventry and part of the 370km/230m; long Fosse Way, a route laid down by the Romans which has remained unchanged for 2000 years.
Total Mileage: 1400km/870 miles.
Your motorcycle rental includes:
- Motorcycle rental including luggage with liner bags, detachable tank bag, satnav (GPS) loaded with your routes, third-party insurance and roadside assistance.
- VE103 documentation (for any tour that leaves the United Kingdom).
Your motorcycle tour includes:
- Accomodation bookings and routes provided by a partner company.
- Ferry tickets for those tours that require them.
- Full personalised tour pack, route plans, ride out routes, GPS co-ordinates and GPS routes.
- High-end, classic and traditional hotels or inns with character, including breakfast.
- Airport transfers from Heathrow or Gatwick to and from RoadTrip.
- Additional nights on request.
- Any additional items charged to your room(s).
- Road tolls.
- All other food and beverages.
- Parking fees.
Prices include VAT where applicable.
If you would like more information about this tour then please contact us using the form below or telephone us on +44 (0)1483 662 135.