5 day motorcycle tour of England and Wales
Get a taste of Britain in this 5 day motorcycle tour of the UK.
Tour duration: 5 days / 4 nights
Approximately 900 miles of riding await you on some beautiful roads. Excellent riding, world famous places and fabulous landscapes are all included. The route will also take you to Five National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. As with all our tours, the aim of the route is to provide a mixture of a great riding experience and a wonderful holiday.
A lot of care goes into the route planning and also hotel selection. So you will be able to enjoy warm British hospitality at the end of a brilliant day’s ride. Hotels with luxurious charm and architectural character are all part of the experience.
5 Day Motorcycle Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: 240km/150 miles. Collect your bikes from RoadTrip in Woking and ride to the Bath area in Somerset via the iconic A272. This is one of the best motorcycle roads in southern Britain. Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge are also on your route to your hotel.
Day 2: 350km/220 miles. Bath to northern Wales. Head west and cross the impressive Severn River Bridge into Wales. Ride through the rugged Brecon Beacon hills and continue North via mid-Wales. This is the least populated part of the UK and the roads are great! Finally, follow the ‘Alpine Snowdonia’ route to your hotel in North Wales.
Day 3: 240km/ 150 miles. North Wales to the picturesque Lake District. Ride up to the beautiful Lake District National Park. Ride past Lake Windermere to reach your hotel in the Keswick area.
Day 4: 260km/160 miles. Keswick to the rolling hills of Derbyshire. Head south through the Yorkshire Dales National Park towards Macclesfield. Ride the famous ‘Cat and Fiddle’ road across Axe Edge Moor. Continue through the Peak District to arrive at your hotel in the Ashbourne area for a good night’s rest.
Day 5: 300km/190 miles. Ashbourne to RoadTrip. Visit the world-famous National Motorcycle Museum in Coventry. The Museum houses an historic collection of British bikes from almost 170 manufacturers. Read the story of the devastating fire of 2003 and see some of the restoration work that has followed. Finally, ride part of the Fosse Way, a route laid down by the Romans which has remained unchanged for 2000 years.
Total Mileage: 1400km/870 miles.
Your RoadTrip motorcycle rental includes:
- Motorcycle rental including luggage with liner bags, detachable tank bag, satnav (GPS) loaded with your routes, third-party insurance and roadside assistance.
- VE103 documentation (for any tour that leaves the United Kingdom).
Your motorcycle tour includes:
- Accomodation bookings and routes provided by a partner company.
- Ferry tickets for those tours that require them.
- Full personalised tour pack, route plans, ride out routes, GPS co-ordinates and GPS routes.
- High-end, classic and traditional hotels or inns with character, including breakfast.
- Airport transfers from Heathrow or Gatwick to and from RoadTrip.
- Additional nights on request.
- Any additional items charged to your room(s).
- Road tolls.
- All other food and beverages.
- Parking fees.
Prices include VAT where applicable.
If you would like more information about this tour then please contact us using the form below or telephone us on +44 (0)1483 662 135.